I just finished my last run of 2011, a hilly 11.34-miler in which my splits were all over the place and I struggled at the end. But I was very pleased with the run because I went farther than I intended and (most importantly to me) I had no knee pain during the run. I’ll get my pacing and fitness back for the longer runs as I build my mileage back up, but for now my main concern is getting in some consistent mileage without any knee pain.
2011 Year in Review:
- Miles run: 1,412.9
- Least mileage in a month: 46.7 – February (toe injury)
- Most mileage in a month: 188.7 – August
- Races run: 13 – four 5Ks, one 8K, one 5.05-mile bridge run, four 10Ks, and three half marathons
- New distances raced in 2011: 8K, 5.05-mile bridge run, and half marathon
- Favorite race: It’s too hard for me to pick just one
- Favorite running-related accomplishments: Running three half marathons and setting a PR in each one, decreasing my 5K PR by over a minute and a half, setting 10 PRs in 13 races, and (last, but certainly not least) starting this blog and meeting a lot of awesome runners and running bloggers
- Favorite non-running accomplishments: Finishing graduate school and getting a new job
2012 Goals and Plans:
- Run my first marathon (Bayshore)
- Run my second marathon?
- Continue to set PRs at various distances
- Improve my racing strategy and pacing
- Run to the best of my ability and potential
- Meet more awesome runners and running bloggers
- Learn quickly, maximize my potential, and kick butt in my new job
- Take (and pass) the CPA exam
- Many more that I’m forgetting or haven’t thought of yet
Have a very safe, fun, and happy New Year! I hope you had a great 2011 and will have an even better 2012.
Did you run today? Are you running/racing on New Year’s Day?
What was your favorite running-related moment or accomplishment in 2011?
Have you set your goals for 2012 yet? If so, what are they?